Gopeng White-Water Rafting & Water-Abseiling Adventure Tour, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia Tour)
White Water Rafting – Get up close and personal with nature, experience an exotic and mystifying rainforest where the fastest butterflies swarm by the riverbank while you enjoy swimming in the river or jump from trees or just zoom down the river on a raft.
Water Abseiling – If you have always enjoyed being in the outdoors, why not get to grips with abseiling. This is both challenging and exciting!
This package includes
- Full Day Guided Tour (White water-rafting & Water-abseiling Activity)
- 2 Ways Return Transfer (KL-Gopeng-KL)
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Meals as stated (1 Simple Local Lunch)
- All Equipments (Helmets, harness, etc) will be provided and approved by American Coastguard
- Certification for water-rafting
- Safety Briefing and Commands prior to the tour
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Expenses/Insurance/Miscellaneous
Categories of Swiftwater
(As defined and categorized by International Rafting Federation)
- Grade I (one) Moving water with a few riffles and small waves. Few or no obstructions
- Grade II (two) Easy rapids with waves up to 3 feet (1m) high and wide, clear channels that are obvious without scouting. Some
- maneuvering required.
- Grade III (three) Rapids with high, irregular waves often capable of swamping an open canoe. Narrow passages that often require complex maneuvering. May require scouting from shore.
- Grade IV (four) Long, difficult rapids with constricted passages that often require precise maneuvering in very turbulent waters. Scouting from shore is necessary, and conditions make rescue difficult. They are generally not possible for open canoes. Boaters in covered canoes and kayaks should have the ability to Eskimo Roll.
- Grade V (five) Extremely difficult, long, and very violent rapids with highly congested routes which should always be scouted from shore. Rescue conditions are difficult, and there is significant hazard to life in the event of mishap. Ability to Eskimo Roll is essential for boaters in kayaks and decked canoes.
- Grade VI (six) Difficulties of Class V carried to the extreme of navigability. Nearly impossible and very dangerous. For teams of expert only, after close study has been made and all precautions have been taken
- Outdoor Activities are subject to weather conditions and may be reorganised to best meet operational situations.
- Please bring sunblock, t-shirt and shorts, towel, and change of clothes, sneakers or river sandals, waterproof camera, goggles for those who wear contact lenses, spectacle strap for the bespectacled, mosquito repellent, torchlight and comfortable walking shoes.
- Please bring Water, Chocolate or Snack Bars (in case you get hungry)
- Suitable for children aged 5 & above
- All participants must sign a “Liability Release Form”
- Rafting is a water based activity. It is EXCITING, Wild and Fun! However, as all adventure sports are, risk is involved. The risk is contributed among the people engaged in the activity and that is why many people love rafting. Guides are trained to minimize risk statistically. Statistics show that the injury rate for whitewater rafting is the same as the injury rate for bowling! But still there is risk and you will most probably forget about it the moment you are on the raft! The most injury you will get is sunburn, while others injures often take place on land when climbing the river banks and getting in and out of the boat!
- All customers will be provided with buoyancy vest, proper PFD (personal floatation device) rather than a jacket. The PFD will keep you afloat in the water, if you find yourself in the river. More importantly, you should not be afraid of the water. Non-swimmer should not go to class V trips, instead should be better off at class III and class IV river.
- All Meals provided will be basic and simple
- Passengers taking this tour are deemed to have done so at their own risk and shall not hold Shajasa Travel and/or Travel Partners liable
Day 01 (-/L/-) Gopeng
- 0730 Meet & Greet at KL. Transfer to Gopeng.
- Am/pm Upon arrival, enjoy a short briefing by Rafting & Abseiling Guide.
- pm Enjoy Guided Water Rafting & Water Abseiling Activity (Simple Local Lunch will be provided)
- 1600 pm Transfer back to KL