Batu Caves Unesco Heritage, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary Wildlife (Feeding & Playing Elephants), Deerland Park, Silver Leaf Monkey, Firefly Tour (KL)
Batu Caves – A trip to the eastern suburbs of the city to observe a huge limestone outcrop housing an elaborate Hindu temple. The caves are a popular place of worship for Hindus and each year, during their auspicious celebration of Thaipusam, where hundreds of thousands of Hindus throng the temple.
The Department of Wildlife and National Parks – is established in Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre in 1989. The centre is a base for the Elephant Relocation Team, which began the elephant translocation programme in 1974. The only one of its kind in Malaysia, the team is dedicated to locating, subduing and then translocating problem elephants from areas where their habitats are constantly being encroached by plantations.Furthermore, Kuala Gandah also aims to promote public awareness of the elephant’s plight in Malaysia.The centre also looks after orphaned elephants to ensure their continued survival. Come on down to enjoy the most rewarding experience where you are able to feed the elephants. Upon arrival, visitors will enjoy a briefing and 30 minute documentary highlighting the sanctuary’s conservation activities.
Firefly Tour – Proceed to Kuala Selangor town in the quiet hamlet of Kampung Kuantan, which is known as one of the largest firefly colonies in the world. On arrival at Kuala Selangor, witness the silvered-leaf monkeys, butterflies and etc. To make this experience a memorable and unforgettable one, enjoy local Set Seafood Dinner and boat ride.
Silver-Leafed Monkeys – and long-tailed macaques are the main draw to the Melawati Hill. The significant difference between the silver-leafed babies as compared to the adults is that these babies have golden fur while the adults have dull grey colours. These monkeys are a delight; they are gentle and playful. The long-tailed macaques, on the other hand, are generally a little more mischievous and if you turn your back for a second – you’d never know what they might do. A gentle reminder to exercise precautions with these lovely and wild animals, which can be quite erratic at times despite having so much human interaction
This package includes
- Full Day to Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary, Kuala Selangor Firefly Tour
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Complimentary pick up/drop off service from major KL hotels
- Meals as stated (1 Simple Lunch /1 Set Seafood Dinner)
- Entrance Fees (as per itinerary)
- Boat Ride (Firefly)
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Tips to driver / guide
- Soft & Alcoholic Drinks
- Personal Insurance/Expenses/Miscellaneous
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- Please bring along spare towels + bathing suit, in case you get wet playing/bathing with elephants
- Bathing with Elephants is subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled, if water level is too high/dangerous due to rain fall
- To visit Batu Caves, please wear appropriate clothes such as long pants (no shorts are allowed)
- Deerland Park will be closed on every Friday, due to prayer. As such, we will replace with Eagle Feeding
- Meals provided in Elephant Sanctuary will be of simple local meal/packed lunch
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts, towels, change of clothes, comfortable walking shoes
- Please exercise “Caution” when feeding the Silver Leaf Monkeys, as they may turn wild & erratic at times
Day 1: (-/L/D)
- 0900 Meet & Greet at KL City/ Hotel. Transfer to Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. En route, have a short stop over at Batu Caves and for those who are adventurous, you may wish to climb the 272 steps to witness the panoramic view of KL city and a Hindu temple
- 1045- 1250
- Continue the journey and en route, stop by for a short visit to see rubber tree.
- Upon arrival, enjoy Deerland Park, which has Ostrich, Snake & etc.
- Next proceed to Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary to enjoy your Simple Lunch.
- pm Next, have a good time with the feeding the Elephants
- pm Proceed to Kuala Selangor for Furefly Tour.
- pm Upon arrival, visit and explore the Dutch fortress atop Melawati Hill and enjoy the panoramic view of the estuary of Selangor River and fishing village. For the nature lovers, you may also feed the silver leaf monkeys
- 1830 Enjoy Set Seafood Dinner. After Dinner, proceed for a boat ride to witness the twinkling fireflies
- 2100 Transfer to KL City/Hotel (You should arrive KL at about 2145- 2200)