Batu Caves, Red-Back Sea Eagles Feeding with Boat Ride, Silver Leaf Monkeys, Firefly Tour (KL, Kuala Selangor) Malaysia Tour
Batu Caves – A trip to the eastern suburbs of the city to observe the local way of life and traditional cottage industries. Make a short stop at the Royal Selangor Pewter factory and proceed towards the Batu Caves, a huge limestone outcrop housing an elaborate Hindu temple. The caves are a popular place of worship for Hindus and each year, during their auspicious celebration of Thaipusam, hundreds of thousands of Hindus throng the temple. Itinerary: Jalan Ampang, Embassy Row, Royal Selangor Pewter Factory, Batu Caves and Beryl’s Chocolate Boutique
Eagle Feeding at Kuala Selangor with Boat Ride Enjoy a boat ride (Selangor River Mouth) for the newly explored Wild-Eagle-Feeding tour. Enjoy the thrill when the eagles approach your boat up close when the boatman is feeding them. Basically there are 3 species of eagles in Kuala Selangor. However, Brahminy Kite (also known as the Red-Backed Sea Eagle) is the most common follow by the Crested Serpent Eagle. The most rare will be the Well-Bellied Sea Eagle
Firefly Tour – Proceed to Kuala Selangor town in the quiet hamlet of Kampung Kuantan, which is known as one of the largest firefly colonies in the world. On arrival at Kuala Selangor, visit ‘Kota Melawati’ formerly known as ‘Fort Altingsburg’, its colonial buildings, silvered-leaf monkeys, butterflies and etc. To make this experience a memorable and unforgettable one, enjoy local Set Seafood Dinner and boat ride.
Fireflies – are also called “Lightning Bugs” and they belong to the nocturnal luminous beetle family Lampyridae. Within quiet and serene surroundings, these fireflies live very happily in the “Berembang” trees and shine like fire in the night to attract a mate. Come on down and enjoy the “Malaysian Version of Xmas”!
Silver-Leafed Monkeys – and long-tailed macaques are the main draw to the Melawati Hill. The significant difference between the silver-leafed babies as compared to the adults is that these babies have golden fur while the adults have dull grey colours. These monkeys are a delight; they are gentle and playful. The long-tailed macaques, on the other hand, are generally a little more mischievous and if you turn your back for a second – you’d never know what they might do. A gentle reminder to exercise precautions with these lovely and wild animals, which can be quite erratic at times despite having so much human interaction.
This package includes
- Full Day Batu Caves, Red-Back Sea Eagle Feeding with boat ride & Silver Leaf Monkey & Firefly Tour
- Set Seafood Dinner
- Boat Ride for Sea Eagles Feeding Tour
- Boat Ride for Firefly Tour
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Complimentary Pick up/Drop off service from major KL hotels
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Soft & Alcoholic Drinks
- Personal Insurance/Miscellaneous/Shopping
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- To visit Batu Caves, please wear appropriate clothes such as long pants (Shorts are not allowed)
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts
- Please exercise “Caution” when feeding the silver leaf macaques as they may turn wild & erratic at times
- Due to No Vegetarian Restaurants available in Kuala Selangor and should the guests prefer to have Vegetarian meals, a Packed Vegetarian Dinner will be provided upon request
Day 1: (-/-/D)
- 1.00 pm Meet & Greet at KL City/Hotel. Transfer to Batu Caves and Royal Selangor Pewter Factory
- 3.30 pm Proceed to Kuala Selangor and upon arrival, visit and explore the Dutch fortress atop Melawati Hill with cheeky Silver Leaf Monkeys and enjoy the panoramic view of the estuary of Selangor River and fishing village.
- 5.00 pm Next, you will experience an amazing boat ride (Selangor River Mouth) with the Wild-Eagle-Feeding tour. The thrill when these eagles approach your boat up close during the feeding time, is something not to be missed!
- 6.30 pm Enjoy delicious Set Seafood Dinner and proceed for a boat ride to witness the twinkling fireflies
- 9.00 pm Transfer to KL City/Hotel (You should reach your hotel by 2145 – 2200)