Batu Caves Unesco Heritage, Silver Leaf Monkeys, Firefly with Boat Ride Night Tour (KL, Kuala Selangor) Malaysia Firefly Tour
Batu Caves – A trip to the eastern suburbs of the city to observe the local way of life and traditional cottage industries. Make a short stop at the Royal Selangor Pewter factory and proceed towards the Batu Caves, a huge limestone outcrop housing an elaborate Hindu temple. The caves are a popular place of worship for Hindus and each year, during their auspicious celebration of Thaipusam, hundreds of thousands of Hindus throng the temple. Itinerary: Jalan Ampang, Embassy Row, Royal Selangor Pewter Factory, Batu Caves and Beryl’s Chocolate Boutique
Firefly Tour – Proceed to Kuala Selangor town in the quiet hamlet of Kampung Kuantan, which is known as one of the largest firefly colonies in the world. On arrival at Kuala Selangor, visit ‘Kota Melawati’ formerly known as ‘Fort Altingsburg’, its colonial buildings, silvered-leaf monkeys, butterflies and etc. To make this experience a memorable and unforgettable one, enjoy local Set Seafood Dinner and boat ride.
Fireflies – are also called “Lightning Bugs” and they belong to the nocturnal luminous beetle family Lampyridae. Within quiet and serene surroundings, these fireflies live very happily in the “Berembang” trees and shine like fire in the night to attract a mate. Come on down and enjoy the “Malaysian Version of Xmas”!
Silver-Leafed Monkeys – and long-tailed macaques are the main draw to the Melawati Hill. The significant difference between the silver-leafed babies as compared to the adults is that these babies have golden fur while the adults have dull grey colours. These monkeys are a delight; they are gentle and playful. The long-tailed macaques, on the other hand, are generally a little more mischievous and if you turn your back for a second – you’d never know what they might do. A gentle reminder to exercise precautions with these lovely and wild animals, which can be quite erratic at times despite having so much human interaction.
This package includes
- Full Day Batu Caves, Silver Leaf Monkey, Firefly Tour
- Set Seafood Dinner
- Boat Ride
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Complimentary pick up/drop off service from major KL hotels
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerar
This package excludes
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Soft & Alcoholic Drink
- Personal Insurance/Miscellaneous/Shopping
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- To visit Batu Caves, please wear appropriate clothes such as wearing long pants (Shorts are not allowed).
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts
- Please exercise “Caution” when feeding the silver leaf macaques as they may turn wild & erratic at times
- Due to No Vegetarian Restaurants available in Kuala Selangor and should the guests prefer to have Vegetarian meals, a Packed Vegetarian Dinner will be provided upon request.
Day 1: (-/-/D)
- 2.00 pm Meet & Greet at KL City/Hotel. Next, transfer to Batu Caves and Royal Selangor Pewter Factory
- 5.00 pm Proceed to Kuala Selangor for Firefly Tour. Visit and explore the Dutch fortress atop Melawati Hill and enjoy the panoramic view of the estuary of Selangor River and fishing village
- 6.45 pm Enjoy Set Seafood Dinner and proceed for a boat ride to witness the twinkling fireflies
- 9.00 pm Transfer to KL City/Hotel (You should reach your hotel by 2130-2145)