Kampar River – on the Kampar River in Perak, you’ll have the thrill of tackling exciting rapids and floating down the clear water river amidst a lush rainforest. You will ride the continuous rapids graded from class I – III, and continue downriver, passing old tin mining plains. Get wet and get in touch with nature once more!
As a standard procedure, a safety briefing will be done which covers the paddling commands, paddling skills, capsize drills, actions when overboard or river rescue. After 10-15 minutes of briefing by the professional river guide, you are now ready for a river rafting adventure. Come join this one day adventure tour – paddling along Sungai Kampar through raging white waters amidst serene surrounding, clear waters, fresh air, and if the sun’s up… you’ll get a good tan to boot!
- Perak – Kampar
- Rafting Experience
- Fun with water!
- Live guide: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Starts at meeting point, pick-up at hotel possible
- All customers will be provided with buoyancy vest, proper PFD (personal floatation device) rather than a jacket. The PFD will keep you afloat in the water, if you find yourself in the river. More importantly, you should not be afraid of the water. Non-swimmer should not go to class V trips, instead should be better off at class III and class IV river.
- River rafting is subject to water level and weather conditions. Should the weather become unfavorable, Shajasa Travel/Travel Partners has the right to cancel the trip without prior notice
- All participants are required to fill up an Indemnity Form
- Passengers taking this tour are deemed to have done so at their own risk and shall not hold Shajasa Travel and/or Travel Partnes liable
What to Bring:
Change of clothes, sarong, personal medication and craving, river sandals or sport shoes with laces. A pair of socks is recommended if using sport shoes, straps for spectacles or goggles for contact lenses, towel, shoes, slippers, sun block, insect repellent, personal toiletries, waterproof camera (optional), and don’t forget to bring a sense of adventure/fun/humour/enthusiasm and a flexible attitude!
This package includes
- Guided Water Rafting Activity (includes rafting equipment, life jackets, helmets)
- Meals as stated (1 Local Lunch)
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- 2 Ways Transfer (KL – Gopeng – KL)
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Personal Insurance/Expenses/Miscellaneous
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Soft/Alcoholic Drinks
- Outdoor activities are subject to weather conditions and may be reorganised to best meet operational situations
- Please purchase your Personal Travel Insurance prior to the tour
- The raft may accommodate up to 8 people
- Leisurely to Easy (suitable for children aged 5 and above)
- All participants must sign a “Liability Release Form”
- Rafting is a water based activity. It is EXCITING, Wild and Fun! However, as all adventure sports are, risk is involved. The risk is contributed among the people engaged in the activity and that is why many people love rafting. Guides are trained to minimize risk statistically. Statistics show that the injury rate for whitewater rafting is the same as the injury rate for bowling! But still there is risk and you will most probably forget about it the moment you are on the raft! The most injury you will get is sunburn, while others injures often take place on land when climbing the river banks and getting in and out of the boat!
Categories of Swiftwater
(As defined and categorized by International Rafting Federation)
- Grade I (one) Moving water with a few riffles and small waves. Few or no obstructions
- Grade II (two) Easy rapids with waves up to 3 feet (1m) high and wide, clear channels that are obvious without scouting. Some maneuvering required.
- Grade III (three) Rapids with high, irregular waves often capable of swamping an open canoe. Narrow passages that often require complex maneuvering. May require scouting from shore.
- Grade IV (four) Long, difficult rapids with constricted passages that often require precise maneuvering in very turbulent waters. Scouting from shore is necessary, and conditions make rescue difficult. They are generally not possible for open canoes. Boaters in covered canoes and kayaks should have the ability to Eskimo Roll.
- Grade V (five) Extremely difficult, long, and very violent rapids with highly congested routes which should always be scouted from shore. Rescue conditions are difficult, and there is significant hazard to life in the event of mishap. Ability to Eskimo Roll is essential for boaters in kayaks and decked canoes.
- Grade VI (six) Difficulties of Class V carried to the extreme of navigability. Nearly impossible and very dangerous. For teams of expert only, after close study has been made and all precautions have been taken
- 7:00am Meet & Greet at KL Hotel/City. Overland Transfer to Gopeng
- 9:00am Upon arrival, freshen up and enjoy the fesh mountain air
- 10:00am Safety briefing will be conducted prior to the trip
- 10:30am Water rafting (2 hours) will be commenced. After the exciting rafting experience, you may want a local lunch in Gopeng
- 1:00pm Lunch
- 2:00pm Overland transfer to KL