Sekinchan, in Chinese means the ‘village suitable for plantation’ is well known as one of the major rice suppliers in Malaysia. Before paddy plantation becomes popular, residents of Sekinchan were once active in fishing activities. However, most of us have recognized it as a famous paddy field instead of a fishing village. Upon arrival in Sekinchan, one can witness the wide spread of paddy fields right before your very eyes and along the way, you will find water path (aquaduct), typical malay houses, birds and some geckos crossing the road!( if you are lucky)
Firefly Tour – Proceed to Kuala Selangor town in the quiet hamlet of Kampung Kuantan, which is known as one of the largest firefly colonies in the world. On arrival at Kuala Selangor, visit ‘Kota Melawati’ formerly known as ‘Fort Altingsburg’, the execution block, royal mausoleum and colonial buildings. A bird sanctuary park at the foot of Bukit Melawati (Melawati Hill is an ideal place for bird-watchers to witness local migratory birds. Also found are silvered-leaf monkeys, butterflies and etc. To make this experience a memorable and unforgettable one, enjoy local Set Seafood Dinner and boat ride.
Fireflies – Fireflies are also called “Lightning Bugs” and they belong to the nocturnal luminous beetle family Lampyridae. Within quiet and serene surroundings, these fireflies live very happily in the “Berembang” trees and shine like fire in the night to attract a mate. Come on down and enjoy the “Malaysian Version of Xmas”
Silver-Leafed Monkeys – Silver-leafed monkeys and long-tailed macaques are the main draw to the Melawati Hill. The significant difference between the silver-leafed babies as compared to the adults is that these babies have golden fur while the adults have dull grey colours. These monkeys are a delight; they are gentle and playful. The long-tailed macaques, on the other hand, are generally a little more mischievous and if you turn your back for a second – you’d never know what they might do. A gentle reminder to exercise precautions with these lovely and wild animals, which can be quite erratic at times despite having so much human interaction.
This package includes
- 01 Set Seafood Dinner
- 01 Boat Cruise
- Full Day Tour to Paddy Fields & Melawati Hill & Firefly Tour
- Complimentary pick up/drop off service from major KL hotels
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Insurance/Expenses/Miscellaneous
- Soft & Alcoholic Drinks
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- Please exercise “Caution” when feeding these Silver Leaf monkeys. These “Wild Animals”, may turn erratic due to hunger. Thus, be very careful when feeding them.
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts
Day 1: (-/-/D)
- 3.00 pm Meet & Greet at KL City / Hotel. Overland transfer to Sekinchan to witness the diverse paddy fields
- pm Next, proceed & explore the Dutch fortress atop Melawati Hill and enjoy the panoramic view of the estuary of Selangor River and fishing village & SilverLeaf monkeys
- 6.45 pm Enjoy Set Seafood Dinner and proceed for a boat ride to witness the twinkling fireflies
- 9.00 pm Transfer to KL City / Hotel