Malaysia Orang Utan Island Laketown Bukit Merah & Cameron Highlands Tour (Malaysia) Perak, Peninsula Malaysia
Cameron Highland – This is Malaysia’s green bowl supplying vegetables to the major cities of the country and Singapore. The cool climate makes it an excellent tea growing area, indeed the Cameronian tea is highly priced in the world market. Places of interest are the Iskandar Waterfalls (Lata Iskandar), the Rose Garden, Kea Farm, The Vegetable Farms and the Tea Plantations.
Orang Utan Island – Tucked away on the 35-acre Pulau Orang Utan, Orang Utan Island is the world’s first and only 5-acre rehabilitation and conservation facility where Orang Utans roam free. The unique island serves as a breeding sanctuary as well as a conservation, research and education center to better understand this endangered species. Upon arrival, wait for the ferry to take you to the Orang Utan Island, which is about 10-minute boat ride across. At the island, you will be taken through a 100-meter steel walkthrough ‘cage tunnel’ to come up close and personal with these primates. In a twist, you will be enclosed in a ‘cage’ as you observe the Orang Utans roaming freely in their natural habitats.
This package includes
- 1 Night Hotel Stay (Twin/Triple Sharing)
- Local Driver/Guide (English Speaking)
- Air Conditioned Vehicle for the entire journey
- Meals as stated (1 Breakfast)
- Complimentary Admission to the Tea Plantation in Cameron Highlands
- Full Day Cameron Highlands Tour
- Boat Ride to Orang Utan Island Tour at Bukit Merah Laketown Resort
- Tour and Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Insurance/Expenses
- Entrance fees to Museum/Garden/Park/Butterfly Park/Rose Garden/etc (not mentioned above)
- Rooms are based on ROH/Standard category (Child share room with parents
- Due to Very Dry Season (No Rain) and very shallow water, the Boat Ride to Orang Utan Island may be cancelled by Bukit Merah resort. In light of this, we will replace Orang Utan Tour with Firefly or Elephant Sanctuary Tour.
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situation
Day 01 (-/-/-) Cameron Highlands
- 10:00am Meet and Greet at KL City / Hotel and Transfer to Cameron Highlands.
- Am/pm Proceed with a leisure drive towards the cool and refreshing Cameron Highlands, this is 1542 metres above sea level. Stop and enjoy Iskandar Waterfalls. Lata Iskandar is one of the favourite attractions in Cameron Highlands, which is also an ideal place for picnic and relaxation. The waterfall is located halfway between Tapah and Cameron Highlands. Along the way you will also pass by homes of ‘Orang Asli’, the native people who had been living in these parts of the jungle since the beginning. You may want to stop and have a photo shot of them. You will then proceed north towards the hill resort of Cameron Highlands. Upon arrival at Cameron Highlands, visit Strawberry Farm, Butterfly Park, Kea Farms, Market & check in Hotel. Spend the rest of the evening relaxing and taking in the hill air.
- pm Overnight in Hotel
Day 02 (B/-/-)
- am Breakfast in Hotel
Check out from Hotel. Enjoy Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation and next procced to Bukit Merah Laketown resort. Upon arrival, enjoy a short boat ride to Orang Utan island, to interact with them, in their natural habitats.
(if weather condition does not permit customers to visit Orang Utan Island – due to very shallow water & dry season, we will replace it with either Firefly with Boat Ride plus Seafood or Elephant Sanctuary tour)
- 3.00pm Overland Transfer from Bukit Laketown – KL