Sandakan Abai Jungle, My Nature Resort, Sunbear Conservation, Wildlife, Sepilok Orang Utan, Kinabatangan River Cruise, Pitas Lake, Fireflies (MY3 Borneo Package)
The Kinabatangan River being Sabah’s longest river is one of the most exciting and easily accessible venue to explore the rich biodiversity of Sabah. From Kampung Abai (near the river mouth of Kinabatangan River) to the villages of Sukau (the lower part of Kinabatangan) offers an incredible opportunity to enjoy a wide range of wildlife including Borneo’s Unique Proboscis Monkeys, the wild Orang Utan, Bornean Pygmy Elephants, Crocodiles, Otters, Bears, Wild Cats and countless of rare birds such as Hornbills and Oriental Darter. Come on down and experience the exciting adventurous moments that awaits you!
Abai Jungle Lodge was built in 2005 to avoid the overcrowding problem in Sukau, Kinabatangan. It is located in the Secondary Forest Reserved. In order to preserve mother nature, all the walkways are made from hard wood which is known as “Belian”. There are only 18 Rooms and all these rooms are equipped with attached bathrooms, ceiling fan, hot shower, smoke detector, emergency action plan and netted windows. Furthermore, Reversed Osmosis Purifier System, Kimberly-Clark Biodegradable and Environmentally friendly shampoo, soap and toilet papers are being utilized over here. Other facility such as Abai Jungle Restaurant (which is situated 47 km from the river mouth of Kinabatangan River and the longest river in Sabah) was set up for our in-house guests. Sit back, relax and enjoy 1 hour of boat ride cruising along Sabah’s longest river!
This package includes
- 1 Night Accommodation in Abai Jungle Lodge (Twin Sharing)
- 1 Night Accommodation in MY Nature Resort (Twin Sharing)
- Full Board Meals (2 Breakfast/3 Lunch/2 Dinner)
- Complimentary Airport Transfer
- Boat Ride
- Entrance Fees as per itinerary
- English Speaking Guide
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Personal Expenses/Insurance
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Camera/Video Fees (whenever applicable)
- Alcoholic/Soft Drinks
- Local Flight Tickets + Airport Tax
- Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary Entry Permit
- Please use good walking shoes and comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pant, Torch light
- Activities or Itinerary is subject to change to best meet operational situations
- Please bring along Insect repellent, raincoat (umbrella not recommended), hat, binocular and sun screen (sweat proof), camera, personal toiletries
- Unscheduled Land Transfer (1 Way) from Sandakan – Resort at RM400Per Person
- Child Price is only applicable if child share room with parents
- Tours are based on SIC (seat-in-coach)
Day 1 SEPILOK/SUN BEAR CONSERVATION/OVERNIGHT MY NATURE RESORT. (Lunch/Dinner)
- Meet at Sandakan Airport MH3093/AK6492.
- 0810 Pick-up from hotel in Sandakan drive for approximately 30 minutes to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center.
Proceed to the free roaming area feeding platform.
- 1000 hrs Feeding of Orang Utans. At this centre, observe man’s closest relative “the Orang Utan” being rehabilitated to become wild in their natural habitat and experience a walk in the Tropical Lowland Dipterocarp Forest of Borneo. Visit to the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, the centre that managed toimprove the living condition of the rescued sun bear and released their natural behaviours in the 2.5ha enclosed forest.
After Lunch, Check in to MY Nature Resort, located at one of the oldest tropical rainforest in the world.
- 14:00hrs to Rainforest Discovery Centre, walk to the steel canopy walk way, plants, orchids garden and many others by additional surcharge. OR you may go on your own by walking around 5-10 minutes.
Day 2 TRIP TO ABAI /SUKAU. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- After breakfast, you may take a dip into the swimming pool surrounded by nature or bring a pot of your favourite hot drinks(coffee/tea) into the jungle
and enjoy the scenery accompanied by the sweet sound of different kind of birds.
- 11:00 hrs Be ready for your trip to Abai/Sukau as usual program, proceed to Sandakan Jetty for Schedule Boat depart at 12:00hrs, where you will take your lunch at Abai Jungle Restaurant. This is a wonderful journey of discovery which starts from the waters of Sulu Sea of Sandakan Town through a magnificent scenery of the Mangrove Forest.
After Lunch, Check in Abai Jungle Lodge, free and relax at our nature boardwalk, , Late in the afternoon, you’ll be experiencing a cruise to search for wildlife
until the sunsets while enjoying a cup of coffee and by night falls continue the night cruise to witness the fire flies as Christmas tree. Return to the lodge
for dinner. After dinner, again experience the “Jungle at night” at our nature boardwalk to search for birds, snakes, insects and other wildlife with our nature guide.
- Day 3 PITAS OXBOW LAKE/TRANSFER AIRPORT. (Breakfast/Lunch)
- Wake up by the calls of nature, early morning take a river trip to Pitas oxbow lake to observe wildlife and experience the unique of Pitas lake.
After breakfast, take another one hour boat transfer back to Sandakan. Upon arrival at jetty, proceed to airport for your flight MH 2047 (ETD14:00hrs) or
to your hotel.