Driving 2 hours from Kota Kinabalu, you will come upon the Kinabalu Park. Here, at the foot of Mount Kinabalu, you will feast your eyes with a truly breathtaking scene of Mount Kinabalu as you stroll around this cool, clean and refreshing beauty. Mix with exotic flora fauna and wonderful trails, it is here in this park that you will begin your trip trekking the Mount Kinabalu. Mount Kinabalu (13,500 feet above sea level) is home to South East Asia’s highest peak. Here you will make a steady climb, passing beautiful flora fauna before finally ascending to Laban Rata base camp. From Laban Rata you will finally reach the peak of Mount Kinabalu.
Shajasa provides Mount Kinabalu Climbing packages with accommodation, guides, transfer, insurance and fun!
This package includes
- 1 Night Stay at Kinabalu Park/Grace Hostel /Similar (Dormitory Style/Multisharing)
- 1 Night Stay at Laban Rata/Gunting Lagadan (Hut-based Dormitory with bunk beds – Heated/Non Heated)
- Meals as stated (2 Breakfast /2 Lunch /2 Dinner)
- Mountain Guide
- Climbing Insurance
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Personal Expenses/Personal Travel Insurance/Miscellaneous
- Tips to Guide/Driver
- Camera/Video Fees
- Porter Fees
- Climbing permit (RM 30 for Malaysian/RM 100 for Non-Malaysian)
- Certificate (RM 10 per person)
- 6 – 7 months advance booking may be required for mountain hut room reservation. (There is limited accommodation at the Laban Rata/Gunting Lagadan/Waras Hut/Panar Laban rest house/hut near the summit, where trekkers are required to stay overnight before an early morning ascent to the peak on the next day)
- The above price is applicable for Malaysians only. For Non-Malaysians, please add RM 300 to the listed price
- Requires a minimum of 2 to go
- For Single Trekker, a higher cost will be incurred
- For trekkers, climber, hikers who opt for 2D1N Mt KK Climb Express Package, confirmation of beds or bunks will only be released 1 month before the tour commences
- Suitable for Children aged 10 and above
- After booking is confirmed & payment made (part/full) and should there be any cancellation, No Refund will be given
- Sabah Parks does not allow pre-book of porter. Should you require porter service, you may book them on the day of trekking and pay the respective party accordingly
- Blankets will be provided for all “non heated beds/bunks” in Panar Laban, Gunting L, Waras Hut, etc
- Mountain Guide (registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority) is compulsory for all trekkers. Majority of the mountain guides can only converse in basic English
- It is recommended that you bring some high energy food (chocolates, muesli bars, etc) during the climb
- It is recommended that all trekkers should have themselves medically checked before attempting high altitude trek. If you have history of suffering from the following ailments, it is recommended that you should refrain from trekking to the high altitude. (Hypertension, Heart Disease, Severe Anaemia, Epileptic Fits, Obesity, Muscular Cramps or any diseases which may hamper the trekker)
[section title=”Mountain Climbing Checklist:”]
- Long-sleeved shirt/warm clothes/change of clothes
- Walking shoes (sport/tennis/gym shoes/hiking shoes)
- Second pair of shoes/pair of sandals
- Gloves/Hat/Mask/Extra socks
- Rain and wind gear, rain coat, thick windbreaker, rain cap, towel, tooth brush, tooth paste
- Tissue paper/Toilet roll
- Sun block/Lip gloss
- Insect repellent/Mosquito oil
- Headache tablets/Plasters (for cuts / blisters)/Deep heat lotion (for muscle cramp)
- A couple of plastic bags (for wet clothes)
- Binoculars/Camera/Water proof bag for camera
- Torch light and fresh batteries (Head Torch)
- High energy food (chocolates, nuts, raisins, glucose)
- Water bottle/etc
Day 01 (-/-/D) Arrival/Kinabalu Park (Malaysia’s first Heritage Site)
- Take a leisure 2-hour drive to Kinabalu Park. On a clear day the Crocker Range – backbone of Sabah – which culminates in Mt Kinabalu, can be seen onthe say. Try to sample some of the exotic fruits found along the roadside stalls. Take in fresh mountain air as you approach Kinabalu Park at 1,500M ASL.
- Upon arrival at the park, proceed to check in.
- Free at own leisure for the afternoon.
- Overnight at Dormitory
Day 02 (B/L/D) Kinabalu Park Headquarters/Summit Trail/Mountain hut
- Transfer to Timpohon Gate and start trekking up Mt Kinabalu. The summit trail leads you through the montane, upper montane and sub-alpine forest. Look out for colourful rhododendrons, pitcher plants, wild orchids and other interesting vegetations. Take your packed lunch provided along the way amidst cool mountain air.
- Overnight at Laban Rata/Gunting Lagadan/Panar Laban/Waras Hut (dormitory) (3,200M ASL).
Day 03 (B/L/-) The Climb to the Peak/Park HQ/Kota Kinabalu
- Start the second stage of climb at around 3:00 a.m. To reach the summit (Low’s Peak, 4,095M) by dawn. Enjoy a breathtaking view from the peak.
- Descend to Laban Rate Rest house for breakfast before continuing. Lunch at the Park Headquarters. Return to Kota Kinabalu in the afternoon after collecting Certificate of Achievement (if you are taking a flight after this tour, please book a night flight that departs KK around 2230 /2330)