Semenggoh Orang Utan & Annah Rais Bidayuh Longhouse Tour, Kuching, Sarawak (Malaysia Borneo Tour Packages)
Bidayuh, the second largest ethnic group in Sarawak, is formerly known as the “Land Dayak – Engineer of Bamboo”. Upon arrival, you will enjoy the splendid architecture of the longhouse, which were built mostly by bamboo. Annah Rais is one of the most famous Bidayuh longhouse in Sarawak. It is located about 100 km east of Kuching City which is also very close to the Indonesian border. The journey will take about 1.5 hours. During your visit, you will also enjoy day-to-day village activities such as rice pounding, winnowing, basket and mat weaving and bamboo carving. Also, don’t miss the most unique and important structure, the ‘Baruk’ or the head house, which is situated in the middle of the longhouse. Inside the ‘Baruk’, check out the real human skulls which are seen hanging around the fire place!
Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre- Located about 32 km south of Kuching, the sanctuary is a rehabilitation centre for Orang Utans which have been injured or captured. The centre also rehabilitates other wildlife including monkeys, honey bears and hornbills which have been orphaned or kept illegally.
This package includes
- Complimentary Pick up/Drop Off Service from Hotels
- English/Malay Speaking Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Guided Tour to Semenggoh Orang Utan & Longhouse Tour
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes
- Tips to driver/guide
- GST 6%
- Personal Expenses/Insurance
- Pick up Time from Kuching City/Hotel will be at 0815
- Pick up from Ex – Damai, there will be additional of RM 50 Per Person
- Outdoor activities are subject to weather conditions and may be reorganised to best meet operational situations